Sunday, May 10, 2015

Teaser: All That Glitters by CullensTwiMistress



Title: All That Glitters

Summary: As a nurse, Bella’s seen it all, or has she? When the clinic where she works needs an expansion, the guy hired isn’t what she expects. Sometimes all that glitters, is all it takes. Romance/Humor

Author: CullensTwiMistress

Rating: MA

Teaser:

“I can’t believe they’re making all that racket already,” I mutter, looking through the pile of paperwork in front of me.

“Hey now, the Docs warned us in the monthly meeting last Thursday. It’ll be three weeks of hell, but then we’ll have a nice, new bathroom and two completely new exam rooms,” Jessica says, handing me the chart I’ve been looking for.

I look up and sigh. “I know. It’s just so...noisy. God, nobody said anything about having to speak louder. I mean, I had to yell at Mr. Watkins to take off his clothes earlier and I think he actually enjoyed it.”

Jessica giggles and leans in. “That old bastard is a handsy one.” She gives me a pointed look, and I shiver in what can only be disgust.

“Do I want to know?” I ask, because my curiosity goes way beyond being grossed out. Pretty sure I’ve seen it all in my eleven years working in this clinic.

“Let’s just say he thinks I look like his ex-wife.” She closes her eyes and then shakes her head. “To put it mildly, he was still...very...attracted to her even after the divorce.”

A laugh bubbles from my belly and I put my hand over my mouth to stifle it. It’s noisy as hell in here, but I would hate for one of our patients to overhear our conversation. “Are you serious?”

Jessica looks around covertly, then whispers, “He’s hung like a horse.”

Tears roll down my face and my giggle turns into a guffaw. I’m tired and with the combination of the noise pollution and my bad mood, this is exactly the kind of platitude I need to brighten my morning.

“Thanks for that, girly,” I tell Jessica as she rushes off to her next patient, while I look through that chart to locate Mrs. Armstrong's test results. She’ll be here in a few minutes and I need to make sure her chart has the final results from her last blood tests for Dr. Cullen.

Some days, it’s as if I’m more of a secretary than a nurse, but then I love it here and wouldn’t trade it for the world—noise pollution be damned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment