Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Teaser: "For Her Love" by ClaireBamboozle

Title: "For Her Love"  
Author: ClaireBamboozle
Twilight fandom
Rating: M
Pairing: Emmett/Rose 

Summary: A Ride and Prejudice outtake. Fresh from prison, Emmett McCarty decides to follow his heart and heads for Forks, home to his ex-cell mate and his broken, and beautiful sister. Contains spoilers if the main fic hasn't been read before. 

Teaser:

Like a game of cat and mouse, her gaze would land on anything as an excuse not to have to look at me. I was more than a little hurt she’d retreated so far back into herself and now seemed wary of me. The last time she'd visited me in prison, the first in so many years, she'd come because I'd asked her, not Edward. I’d stared deep into her eyes while I held her hand and told her I knew her secret. She didn't reply but gripped my hand tighter with tears in her eyes while I swore never to judge or push her. I meant it, too…every single word. To me, it had felt like we had a strong connection only now it looked like I’d been easier for her to deal with when there was a table set up between us.

She wasn't dressed at all fancy today, wearing no make-up and with her blonde hair pulled back into a plastic spider clip but, to me, she was the most beautiful woman in the world…always had been. Sharing this small space without any rules or nosy guards to interfere, the possibility actually existed of being able to fulfill the fantasies I'd cultivated over the years of my sentence. Suddenly, I was hyper aware of her breathing and how it made her breasts lift and fall beneath the cream cotton of her sweater.

My mouth went dry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment