Thursday, August 13, 2015

Teaser: "Godfather" by: FanficAllergy


Title: Godfather

Author: FanficAllergy

Rating: T

Type of Work: Hunger Games Fanfiction (Side story to Spectator)

Summary: Gale meets his daughter for the first time.

Teaser:

As I’m turning to sit back down, there’s a knock at my door.

I raise my eyebrows. It’s too early for my mother’s laundry clients and there aren’t very many people who’d brave breaking curfew to visit me. Setting my cup down, I open the door, expecting to see a Peacekeeper on the other side of the door.

It’s not.

Peeta Mellark, one of the two Victors of the 74th Hunger Games, and Katniss’s new husband, stands there, shifting his weight from foot to foot. In his hands is a large woven basket packed with a thin white cloth draped over the top.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, the words slipping from my mouth.

“Can I come in?” he asks, glancing around nervously.

I nod my head, stepping back to one side. Whatever drove him all the way out to the Seam, breaking curfew, has to be important.

0 comments:

Post a Comment