Saturday, August 8, 2015

Teaser: "One Dog, a Cable & the Repair Man" by: hapakids



Title: One Dog, a Cable & the Repair Man
Author: hapakids

Teaser:

While  I  was  waiting  for  the  cable  guy  to  show  up,  I  went  through  my  emails.  Thank goodness  for  unlimited  data  on  my  phone.  I  wasn’t  chancing  it  by  getting  onto  my computer,  which  thankfully  was  shut  down  for  now.  My  doorbell  rang,  and  Mysti  came  barreling  out  of  my  bedroom,  barking  loudly.  I  opened  up  the  door,  and  she  greeted  the  cable  man.


“Well, hi there. Aren’t you pretty,” he told her. “I’m guessing she is a girl because of the collar. Please tell me that I am right?”


“Mysti is most definitely a girl and the reason why you are here,” I say to him.


Mysti continues to sniff his leg. “I’m guessing that you smell my own Labrador. Now why do you say that she is the reason for why I am here?”

“She chewed on the cable cord in my room. She did the same last week. When she’s not chewing them, she’s chewing the cord for my cellphone. One time she was at my boss’s house and she ate the electrical cording to a set of their solar lighting.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment