Sunday, August 16, 2015

Teser: "Beyond the Quiet Room" by: givemesomevamp

Title: Beyond the Quiet Room
Author: givemesomevamp
Rating: Mature for language and a bit of violence
Teaser:
Peter’s POV
“I already told you the area is unoccupied.” The boy’s tone was sullen, bored, and inspired a sudden need for violence. But I had my orders: sit and observe. They might pass over us all together. If Emmett hadn’t been so damn impatient, I wouldn’t be flitting around branches like an overgrown tweety bird.
Mocking bird. I could hear Pumpkin correct just on the edge of my consciousness.  I flipped my favorite bird in her general direction, hoping the image accompanied the gesture.
Nope, but it’s the thought that counts after all. Suddenly I could see her sitting in Jasper’s lap, laughing as she whispered in his ear. Then she flipped me the double bird. Jasper’s hand, which had been securely nestled in Pumpkin’s cleavage, joined her for the win a second before he latched onto her neck; the thought and corresponding image was thankfully cut off. Nobody needs to see all of that shit. It’s bad enough to hear it all the time, especially with the Great and Powerful Emo broadcasting his lovey-dovey, horny cocktail to anything living in our little compound as Puddin’ calls it. The first addition was Garrett’s and Kate’s place; the next was my little love nest. And thank fuck for the extra walls. Without them, we’d have driven each other made years ago.
You know you like it.
“Son-” Carlisle began, withholding a longsuffering sigh with his classic iron will. Of course, his patented patient I-know-better-than-you is patronizing as hell, but in this one case, it’s well deserved. “Emmett and Rosalie’s scent is still fresh. They should be within your range.”
“Carlisle, they’ve never blocked me successfully.” Like hell they haven’t. “They could have spread their scent more thoroughly through less dignified ways.” Says the virgin. I’m surprised he can’t hear my eyes rolling, but I’m thankful as well. No one needs a self-righteous centurion digging around in their minds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment