Sunday, August 9, 2015

Teaser: "Make a Wish" by: Ronja

Title: Make a Wish

Author: Ronja

Rating: Mature

Type of work: Fanfiction (Hunger Games).

Summary: Katniss' nineteenth birthday is coming up and Peeta insists that she tell him how she wants to spend it. Post "real or not real" semi-fluff piece.


Teaser: 


“You’re trying to side-track me,” he says, giving me a look and a sly smile. “We weren’t talking about the day I happened to be born, we were talking about the anniversary of the day youwere born. Which is coming up in about two weeks. Now I want to know if there’s anything in particular you would like to do that day, or eat that day… and I would like to bake you a cake. So tell me what kind you’d like.”

“A cake?”

“Yes, Katniss, a cake. A birthday cake. You like baked goods, I know that much, so indulge me on this one.”

“I just don’t see the need to go to too much fuss.”

“It’s not ‘much fuss’, baking is what I do. Eating is something we do. We pass the time somehow every day. All I’m asking for here is that you tell me what you want me to bake, what you want us to eat and what you would like to do.”

“Okay, I’ll think about it.”

“Good,” he nods. “And don’t try to weasel your way out of it. Pampering you on your birthday is boyfriend prerogative.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment