Sunday, August 16, 2015

Teaser: "Time’s Up" by: hutchhitched



Title: Time’s Up

Author: hutchhitched

Rating: T

Summary: Is it ever too late for soulmates?

Teaser:

It was a chance meeting that ended up changing everything. I worked for an advertising firm, and a client came in to explain the product to me more fully so I could tweak the campaign I’d created for his company. Little did I know the meeting would generate an entirely new path to my life.

“Mrs. Everdeen?”

I glanced up from my computer screen to find the source of the husky, deep voice, and almost choked. The most beautiful shade of blue eyes I’d ever seen were framed by a mop of blonde curls that fell over a tanned forehead. The man’s jaw flexed before his mouth curved into an adorable smile that displayed incredibly charming dimples. It was as if that precious boy from the detergent commercial I’d watched years ago had grown into this fine specimen. My mouth hung open for several seconds before I could regain control.

“Y-yes?” I stuttered. When his face fell slightly, I realized my mistake and corrected him. “Sorry, not Mrs. It’s Ms. Ms. Everdeen. I’m not married. Not that you need to know that. I’m so sorry. That wasn’t very professional. But still, I’m definitely single.” Flustered, I snapped my mouth closed and tried not to die of mortification as my cheeks flamed.

His face broke into another disarming smile, and he sighed in relief. “That’s good to hear. So am I, although...” He shook his head and laughed. “Not that you need to know that. That wasn’t very professional either. Let’s start over.”

“Deal,” I agreed through a wide smile. “I’m Katniss Everdeen.”

“Hi,” the Adonis look-alike said and extended his hand for me to shake. “I’m Peeta. Peeta Mellark. I’m here from Capitol Bakery. You have some advertising proofs to show me, if I’m not mistaken.”

I’ve always heard about people who meet someone and their world stops, but until that meeting, I really didn’t understand it at all. I’m positive he felt it too because his eyes had widened slightly when he first saw me and his cerulean eyes sparkled as he shook my hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment