Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Teaser: "Locked on Target" by: Emotion Masen

Title: Locked on Target

Author: Emotion Masen

Rating: NC-17


Summary: Confucius said it best “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” It’s been two years since Edward and Bella avenged the deaths of both their parents, taking many lives in their wake. Now someone wants revenge and they won’t stop until they get it—even if it means hurting their children. (Final Installment to the Target Trilogy)

Teaser:
“My sons were in this car that was shot up. I know that my husband was the target, but I could have lost my children in the process…”
“…are you getting to the agreement or just trying to make us feel bad for shooting at your bastards?” another man asked. Lucas Walker. Bella’s head snapped in his direction just as her hand slipped to the knife resting in her thigh holster.
“Call my children bastards again and my knife will be in your right eye socket,” she threatened sternly.
“You came to us for a favor,” he snapped back at her.
“He’s right, Mrs. Bella,” Jackson said with a smirk on his face. “Plus, would you really risk losing your temper here? I mean, no one knows you’re here. We could easily make you disappear. Thinking about it, what better way to hit Edward where it hurts than to hurt his pretty little wife,” he continued. Bella tried to remind herself to keep her temper because in the end her children were what mattered most.
“You’re absolutely right, Jackson,” she said with a soft smile touching her lips. “I need to know who is responsible for shooting at the car my children were in?” she asked still waiting for an answer.
All the men looked at each other for what felt like forever.
“It was me,” Nicholas said with a shrug of his shoulders. “I got a tip that Edward would be in the car. Didn’t expect it to be so heavily protected. But, my men are fully prepared for next time.”
“Next time?” she asked with a brow raised.
“I have no plans on stopping my pursuit on Edward until he’s six feet under next to my father,” Nicholas barked. Bella wasn’t really sure who his father was, she didn’t necessarily give a damn.
“Leave my children out of it; they are innocent.”
“Please, they share the same DNA as Edward. It wouldn’t surprise me if they tried avenging his death by the time they were in preschool,” Howard snapped and the other men laughed.
“I’ll help you all get Edward,” Bella said and instantly all the laughing stopped.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Bella will turn against Edward. Can't wait for you to start with this third installment of the Target series

    ReplyDelete