Saturday, August 8, 2015

Teaser: "To Live And Learn" by: MTK4FUN



Title: "To Live And Learn" 
Author: MTK4FUN
Fanfiction: Hunger Games
Rated: T


Summary: 

It is not only the living who are killed in war. – Isaac Asimov
AU 1873 - Katniss Everdeen meets Civil War veteran Peeta Mellark when she’s hired to teach at a one-room schoolhouse in Panem, Connecticut.

Teaser:

My life as a teacher began when I was 16. I was glad to earn money to help my widowed mother and younger sister Prim. But they were long past needing my help now, as both had husbands to provide for them.

Whereas at twenty-eight, I was still single. It was a life I’d never expected. But the war had already been underway for a year when I began teaching children to read and write and do sums. So many men had died on both sides; I guess there was no one left for me.

“You know Phyl already,” Delly said. “I’d like to introduce you to his brother Peeta.”

Peeta had a stocky build and the most startling dark-blue eyes, the same color as the uniform the Union soldiers had worn. His eyes, with their long, thick lashes, contrasted nicely against his fair hair.

His attractive appearance flustered me as I considered that we would be living in the same household for the next eight months.

I gave Peeta a shy smile and a soft “hello.”

But instead of returning my smile, the scowl on Peeta’s face only deepened. He glanced at me for only a moment before his eyes flitted away, immediately putting to rest any daydreams I’d been on the verge of concocting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment